Friday, March 23, 2012

Home made finger paint!!!

now I know this has nothing to do with knitting nor crochet. But I had to share this!!! This recipe is for home made finger paint, only takes water, cornstarch, sugar (yes I said sugar!!) salt and food coloring!!! I found this home made finger paint some time ago, but never really made it before today . I was sitting here thinking it's almost 80* where I live in the middle of march when there is usually mountains of  SNOW!!! So I tough why don't I try the home made finger paint!?! I can undress the kids to their undies and let them paint and when they are done they can have a bath and it cools them down at the same time!!!

what you'll need :
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup cold water
and last but not least food coloring!!!

First you'll want to put water, cornstarch, sugar and salt into a small pot. cook over low heat for 10 minutes while stirring constantly. The mixture will thin, but will thicken up as you cook (I noticed it wasn't thickening up on the low heat so I turned it up for 20secs and it thickened right up!). when it does take off the heat and let cool. once the mix it all cooled off place in little jars old yogurt cups or even bowels add food coloring and they are read to paint!!!!!!

this is what the finger paint will look like when it is thickened up




















containers of your choice











as you can see they love the paint!!!!






lol.......only with finger paint kids can paint their self's!!!

in the words of  lala (in the photo) " I made a rainbow on my belly!!!!"


I hope you all enjoy this as much as we did!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment